Monday 28 July 2008

Taking care of myself


Winnie and I. Photo taken some 2 years ago.

On Saturday night, I went out to The Core Lounge at Travillion which is supposedly a new place in Kuching. I didn't take photos was having insecurities about my own body cos I ate too much for dinner. Again.

Earlier that night, I went to Japanese buffet at Cafe Majestic, Crowne Plaza with my family and future sis in law Elaine. We've been loyal customers there for some years now. Rather than going to other Jap restaurants such as Sushi King around Kch, I've always recommended this to others instead.

The price per person probably comes around RM50. But its really worth it.

Allow me to elaborate. Like all buffets, there are hot trays of food, soup, kebabs, noodles, rice, salads, selections of cakes and fruits as well as drinks and ice cream. I'm going to try and recall the type of food served:

1) Fried pregnant fish.
2) Scallops.
3) Steamed egg (Shirley's style)
4) Barbequed lamb, beef and chicken skewers.
5) Fried tempura. Prawn, aubergine, carrots.
6) Miso soup with seaweed and tofu.
7) Soba noodles.
8) Chicken Katsu Curry
9) Mixed vegetables
10) Rice and noodles

I don't remember anymore.

There are also a section where 3 chefs are making you your choice of sushi.

Here people queue up to order what they want: california roll, unagi, salmon, octopus, tuna, cockles etc etc. The head chef and the manager knows me well by now actually. I normally go up to the chef and request for hand rolls, wait patiently while he makes them for me. Then go up to the next chef and request for my salmon, octopus, eel, tuna, mackerel, fish eggs etc etc.

I'm so lazy to search up the proper name for the sushi so I'll let it be. And I just realized how little photos I normally take. I haven't taken a photo since I came back.

Moving on. I went to The Core Lounge. The place is nice enough I guess but I still prefer Heaven. Haha. Kidding. It was packed full. I guess cos Kuching really is out of places to go. That sucks. Kitty, Steph and gang left quite early that night to go to Soho.

The later it got, the better the songs were and someone at our table was the first to climb up on the table to dance. I forgot who. Was it the striped shirt guy or the girl? Not long later a few hot chicks went up to dance on the tables too. Everyone was cheering and there were a lot of photo and video takings in the lounge which made me very reluctant to be pulled up on the table.

Everyone seemed to have fun though.

Moving on. Talked with one of my friend in Singapore and realized he is in hospital while we chatted on msn. Being hospitalized. Take care and get well soon.

Talked to another friend in msn who told me he is going to visit another friend who had a heart attack. Take care of your friend too.

God Bless Everyone out there.


Me in my bedroom. Photo taken 2 years ago.

No comments: