Friday 19 November 2010

What I think about Part 1 of Deathly Hallows

OK. Finally I am free now. Time to blog about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1! Soo..after waiting so long for the movie, and after finally watching the movie, I can finally say that it was the same old same old. Not exactly boring. Not exactly interesting.

Allow me to explain.

It follows the book pretty closely, for which I am grateful. Except for that part where Harry and Hermione dance in the tent (what was that for anyway?). But I suppose the reason why I did not like this movie that much was cos after reading the book, you kinda have your own imagination and expectations, about how the movie turns out.

How the characters look like, for example, Rufus Scrimgeour (the Minister for Magic) is described as JK Rowling as like a lion, but in the movie, he was so tame and you know, just not like what I expected. But of course la. Takkan they draw whiskers on him ar Amy? What were you expecting. Sorry. At least he had long grizzly hair.

Also, after reading the book, you also kind of have your own thoughts and imagination about how the scenes unfold. Such as the part where Harry and Hermione went to Bathilda's house and the snake attacked them. I thought it was over pretty quickly and not as serious as it should be. I mean, Voldermort should have arrived at the last minute and also in the movie, they did not take polujuice potion to turn into the old muggle man and woman.

In the scenes where Harry is having visions into Voldemort's mind, I wonder do people who did not read the book even know what is going on. Why is Voldemort torturing Olivander (if anyone even remembers how he looks like), and who is Grindewald and why Voldermort killed him etc.

I think I think too much. Or I expect too much having read the book. I should just forget the book and enjoy the movie.

That said. I am still looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2). It should be much more interesting. More fantasy like. With the dragon and goblins in Gringotts, and giants, and the huge fight at the end. Mmmm..definitely looking forward. In 3D, if I am not mistaken.

I asked cs what he thought about Part 1. He should be more better equipped to write/ provide a review about the movie cos he is a Harry Potter noob. haha. He said it was quite boring - seems like a lot of explanation and not enough action in the movie. Boys.

But that is actually what happened in the book only the book is ten times better! =)

When reading the Deathly Hallows, I actually like to flip to the part where they escaped from the Malfoy Manor cos that is where the action actually started. So yea. Part 2 is definitely much more exciting than Part 1.

Looking forward to Part 2! It should be much more interesting.

No photos cos they are still in the camera and I don't have it now. Grr so photos next time. Bye~

No comments: