Tuesday 4 January 2011

Damai getwaway!

Cs and I recently went to Damai, in conjunction with our two year anniversary. Time flies. I have been saying this almost every time I write a new post. Then, when I read other blogs or in Facebook, it seems like almost everyone else feels the same way. Good. I'm not the only weird one..

Anyway. It feels like we have only celebrated the first one not so long ago..

I took a day off from work, so we could go on a weekday, and avoid the crowd. But, it was so so so crowded! Year end holidays, and school holidays!

So many people everywhere. Checking in and out at the lobby, kids running amok and screaming all the way, as well as alot of tourists and their children by the beach. So crowded.

The waves were huge that day! Strong winds and overcast clouds. It had been raining on and off that day, and for the past week, and this week for that matter.

I look like some siao chabo. Haih. It was red flag day, meaning the beach was deemed dangerous, and no lifeguards are on duty.

Nonetheless, we ventured out to sea and got thrown about and smacked in the face by the waves. Hence, the hairstyle. Drank alot of sea water in the process. Hehe.


Bad hairday.

We gave up after shrieking and screaming (me of course - and swallowing some more sea water), after about 10 to 15 mins? The waves were just too strong that day. There was just no way we could go swimming or even lazing around in the sea that day.

The pool outside the lobby was closed. So the beach was full of people. I wanted to go to the hilltop pool, but was afraid that it would be packed with people as well. So we stayed on the beach taking photos to chill for a while.

Its nice to have a bf fiance (hahaa) who will willingly take photos of me all the time without making a face. As evidenced! Plenty of photos! Thanks btw. :D



After a while, we went up to begin the long climb up the hilltop.



The longest journey begins with a single step. Or was it a journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. Whatever. Confucius was right..



There are some more hotel rooms up here. Never stayed up here before though.



Long climb up and long legs. :) Quite pleasantly surprised to find a flattering photo of my legs. Don't be fooled Amy. Its the angle. Just the angle. Alas. In real life, they don't look like that though. Boo.



After a thousand or so steps later, we have arrived at our destination!


The hilltop pool or infinity pool.

I have always wondered why they call it infinity pool. So I went to google and wiki it. Quote from wikipedia, "An infinity edge pool (also named negative edge, zero edge, disappearing edge or vanishing edge pool) is a swimming or reflecting pool which produces a visual effect of water extending to the horizon, vanishing, or extending to infinity".

And they are also supposedly very expensive to build. Hmm..interesting. I'm such a geek, I can read wikipedia nonstop cos it links here and there nonstop. Hehe. Nerd.

For example, from Wikipedia infinity pools, I clicked on this link! OMG!! The Infinity Pools at Jade Mountain. Fcuking awesome!! Excuse me, I'm sorry but there is no other word!! Awesome!

Its located in St. Lucia. Please explore the website if you are free now, like me! It is just so beautiful! Like somewhere in heaven. There are no words to describe.

It looks like someplace the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous can be found. Probably might see Prince William and Kate Middleton there in the pool. Or David and Victoria Beckham sipping cocktails at the lounge..

Never mind. People like us vacation at Damai.



We also have a pretty awesome view here in Kuching here what..


Sunset by the beach/pool is always blisss..



Some more photos of our infinity pool. :)



Oh btw, did I mention that the hilltop pool was virtually empty save for us? When we arrived, (me panting and wheezing after those 1,000 steps), there were a few people in the pool. Never too crowded. Plenty of space to laze around and enjoy ourselves still.



But most people seem to leave quite early. About 6pm. So, it was just cs and I. Hmm..I wonder why? Hungry probably? But it was good news for us cos I can take photos like this without being watched..



The pool closed at 630pm btw. The sign says 7pm but the lifeguards told us 630pm, so they can do their stuff. Clean the pool or err jump in themselves? Wonder what it would be like to work there?

Maybe in the beginning, I would be like waa waa waa..I have the most awesome view compared to office workers. Heh poor folk. But after long, I would be sick and tired of Damai and the view when I am tired and miss home. Then when I want to relax and go to the beach, I end up being frustrated cos there is no place to go and I dont want to go Damai cos its my office. Hahaa.

OK. Bye~~

No comments: