Thursday 23 September 2010

In anticipation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

So who doesn't know that I am a Harry Potter fan? The movie is coming out soon! The grand finale. The last one! OK not really last one cos they made Deathly Hallows into Part 1 and Part 2.

But I am glad cos this means they don't cram everything into one movie and spoil it for the fans. I will gladly pay to watch Part 1 and 2 at the cinema if it means the story line follows the book more instead of chopping off scenes here and there.

Part 1 is coming out in Nov 2010. Part 2 in July 2011. For this movie, I will be at the cinema on the first opening night. And if there is a 3D version at MBO, I will be there too. No question.

I am not in love with Daniel Radcliffe. More like in love with JK Rowling. Genius! Genius ten times over. How does she come up with fiction like that? Amazing! Love her books - all 7 of them. I can even memorize parts of the books already. Not on purpose lar. Just cos I read them so many times already.

Surprisingly though, it was mum who started reading the Chinese version of Philosopher's Stone and loved it. She went to KL with dad and came back with Book 1 to Book 4 of the English version for us kids to read.

She bought the first four English books together straightaway. She knew, just knew, that we would love it too. We here refers to Winnie and I. My brother don't read much unless it has lots of photos in it preferably with naked women.

Needless to say, we were hooked. I bought Order of the Phoenix at Times, Riverside the first day it hit the bookshelves in Kuching. I think I walked there after school when I was still at IBMS College. Or maybe even during lunch. Btw, I even attended the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Premier. And queued 6 hours. In the rain to boot! In spite of security warnings of bombs. Siao one. Remember the July 7 bombings in London.

I bought Half Blood Prince in London after I finished work at McD. Late at night, I went to find an open book store myself.

For Deathly Hallows, I ordered through Amazon.com and had it delivered to Newcastle where I was staying with my ex. I woke up early in the morning and stood waiting impatiently for the postman to arrive. I can still remember how he looked like (short, quite plump with white beard - hey that resembles Santa Claus) and how cold it was that day.

(Digress a bit. This reminds me of the song by Carpenters: Mister Postman look and see if there's a letter, a letter for me..)

I kept opening and closing the front door to peep outside. When he finally walked up to me, he handed me a bunch of envelopes.

My face fell. My heart sank. He must have noticed my expression when he said: hold on. There's something else.

Then he reached into his bag and pulled out a brown package.

My expression then must have been pretty dopey. He grinned at me and said: that'll be a Harry Potter innit?

So, back to topic. I stole some photos off BBC website for my your viewing pleasure:

It contains no spoilers. Actually everyone knows how Deathly Hallows ends already, no? Or is it just people who actually read the book?

Narrations are my own guesses only ok. Don't take me so seriously..

1) This has to be the scene where Ron rows with Harry because of the Horcrux. I think I see the locket around his neck.


2) I think this looks like Xenophilius Lovegood. The long white hair and nightgown look alike. Plus the house looks weird. And those two streaks of black should be Death Eaters arriving at his house to capture Harry.


3) I like this one. This is pretty obvious. The seven Harry Potters! I can't wait to watch the movie!!


4) Poor Dobby. So brave and kind. OK maybe this is a little spoiler. But just a little one. Plenty of people died in Deathly Hallows anyway..

This can't be Kreacher can it? This house elf doesn't look that old.


5) That looks like their tent behind Harry. So they must be in a forest somewhere. Maybe Forest of Dean? Following the doe? Hmm..


Writing about this makes me want to watch the movie lar. November seems so far away. Grr..



Btw, its 23 September today so..Happy Birthday to Shirley Liew!!

I dedicated a post to her last year. Here. Go read.

OK Bye!

No comments: