Sunday 2 May 2010

Back to work tomorrow

To make up for my absence, I shall make an effort to blog more! Nice ler hehe.

Cs brought me to NK Food Network for breakfast one fine day. Its located at Jalan Keretapi.

You know Tarot cafe? Yea, nearby. Hehe. Explanation done. Its not the same row. Its err further down..closer to the flyover, not the traffic lights. Making sense here?

Its not really new. Its open for quite some time, but I've never been there simply cos it looks small and not really inviting ler. Their blinds are always down.

But I liked their menu choices (quite a lot) and the place looks promising. I just know hehe. No lar. Actually the place was crowded on a Sunday morning. Damn full. Haha.

I wonder if the place is Malay-owned. It looks halal cos there were a lot of Malays there (tudungs galore), but got Chinese too la.

Food is cheap and good too. Surprising.

I had a Cheese Omelet. This plate below costs RM 4. Every omelet comes with baked beans and hash brown.



I expected a thin slice of omelet (1 or 2 eggs at most) for RM 4. But this was quite thick. And there was a very generous layer of cheese inside. Nicely done.

Cs had beef kuay tiaw. It looks and smells good but I duno..Too heavy for breakfast baby....

He said it was good and finished every single thing. Including sauce. Coming from my bf (Kuching's most picky eater), yea it should pass quality test.



Oh yea, remember I talked about the mango duck at Happy Garden before?

I went back again. This is what it looks like!



I thought it was quite special, no? Am I SPK? Where else does this in Kuching? Do tell. I wanna try. I like it. Its roasted duck skin on top. The middle section is duck in some mayonnaise like sauce. Its not mayo; its just mayo-like texture. The bottom is a slice of sweet mango. This is sitting on a piece of lettuce. Nicee...

Actually I don't know how to describe the middle section. Someone help me out here. Cs? Bottom-line. Its good. Go try!

Cs said middle part is like duck meat salad.

Btw new nails. While mum goes for her mani and pedicure, I do my own nails. I don't have the time nor do I want to forge out RM 50, 60, 70 for my nails. So not worth it considering how quickly I wreck them.



A couple of friends tell me to make this my part-time job. Haha yea right guys! I can imagine how it would be like.

You think I can put up a sign that says: please do not take offense when I cuss you and/or your mum due to my lack of patience when doing your nails.



My dad laughs at me whenever I accidentally hurt myself and go chee-bye. He finds it hilarious that I might accidentally go chee-bye in front of my in-laws at the dinner table in the future.

God I hope not. I cut down already serious. Stopping myself already. Trying hard.

Its Shirley's fault. She taught me to go chee-bye at work in London cos nobody understand you while you cuss them and their parents. Hahahha!! As long as you keep a smile on your face, they need not know that you're cussing them.

I have this chinese friend (from China), who was speaking mandarin to this guy at work. He was trying to hit on her, trying to impress her with his mandarin (like shit).

He said: ni hao ma? (How are you)

Her: hou. (Good)

Him: ni zhong na li lai? (Where are you from?)

Her: Ni chi shi ba (You go to hell/die)

(I don't remember the exact conversation but it went something like that)

While I burst out laughing. She is so evil hahha. Ehh..not funny meh? I thought it was hilarious. She kept a smile on her face while he looked puzzled/confused. Obviously he couldn't understand it.

We are not being mean. (OK maybe a bit). But it was funny then. No, we don't do this to every guy who speaks mandarin to us. They are being friendly. But this guy didn't want to leave. He just stood there disturbing us, while we were trying to work. Irritating.

I shall leave on this happy note (to me).

Wait. I want to add this:

QUOTE OF THE DAY!

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl from the Twits.

I like this. i have always remembered this since I read the book as a kid. I find it so true. Don't you?

No comments: