Saturday 30 April 2011

Baking frenzy

I have been craving cakes, cookies, sweets for some time. I went to Secret Recipe a few nights ago, for a slice of cheese cake and that helped stopped the cravings temporarily.

But, now. I still want some more chocolate-y food. So I Googled some recipes!

I found two recipes to make: a chocolate brownie cake, and a white chocolate raspberry muffin! Both from Karen Cheng.

My chocolate brownie cake is a success so I shall share the recipe here! Very easy to make, and takes such a short time to get ready. Simple ingredients!

250 grams butter

1 1/2 cup sugar (I used caster sugar)

3/4 cup cocoa

3 eggs

1 1/4 cups plain flour

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

a handful of Rolos (I used Cadbury chocolate mousse - works just as well)

So, how to make?

First, you slowly melt butter and sugar on a saucepan on low heat until sugar is dissolved.

Remember to turn off
the fire once well mixed together before you stir in the flour, eggs, vanilla.

The saucepan was still on low heat while I added in the flour, eggs and vanilla. Realized my mistake as the egg white turned well, white!!!! Shittt!!! My eggs! They are cooking!

So I hastily scooped the whole thing into a big mixing bowl to stir. Hehe. Once well mixed, pour it into a well greased pan.

At this point, throw in the Cadbury chocolate that you cut up. I didn't cut it much, just break it into little pieces.


Brownies cake! Delicious!!

That lump of thing you see is chocolate! The chocolate I dumped in at the last minute, that I didn't cut up properly. But it is still love! So sinful, so delicious. Big chunk of chocolate in my fresh out of the oven brownie..mmmm...heaven in a bite!



It is really simple to make. Hell, even if I can make it (with partially cooked egg some more haha, so can you. :)

***

I also decided to make raspberry and white chocolate muffins. This was also taken from Karen Cheng's website. While she rocked the recipe, I didn't. Fail fail fail.

I blame it on Boulevard. They didn't have the ingredients I needed. I wanted self raising flour. Boulevard don't have, or maybe they have but I have no idea where they stock it! So, I used wheat flour with baking powder. Because some website suggested I use this as substitute for self raising flour.

Boulevard also don't sell raspberries or strawberries at all! None! Nada! No fresh, no frozen! Grr..twarted! But I still really wanted to make those muffins, so I used err..fresh strawberry jam.

Needless to say, big mistake! Haih my muffins turned out to be tooo moist and it tasted really off. Actually, I didn't even taste it. I threw them away. What a waste.


When they still look ok in the oven.


Not too bad right, slightly roasted only.

I left them in the oven longer because I could still see bubbles, foam coming out of the muffins. They were still too moist.

When I took them out of the oven, it looked like in the photo above. After I left it for about 10 minutes, they turned this colour:


Mufins fail! Hideous! Blah.

Even though they are roasted to this colour, they are still moist and somewhat wet at the bottom. Not nice.

Oh well. At least I have my awesome brownie cake! Heheh.

***********

Moving away from my ugly muffins..



This was from Station One last week I think? Nice place but somewhat pricey. I might still go back. But if you do go, make sure you go early cos the place fills up very quickly.

They have a wide range of food and drinks, and alcohol. The environment is overall, very nice. Easy to see why the place is so popular.



Okie bye..

No comments: