Tuesday 13 December 2011

Of hotness and love

Its hot. Or, I'm hot more like. (No, not that type of hot!) Which is weird considering that its been raining almost nonstop these few days and nights. End of the year monsoon season.

So why am I hot! Maybe cos I just sat down and its 10pm at night, which means its time to sleep soon on a week night. And I'm upset that the day and night has just flew by again. With no time to myself again. Grr.

Let me rant here and now.
How do people cook dinner every night after work and look after the kids at night, have pets at home, and a full time job? How?

I am only finally beginning to understand. And I don't have a kid yet. Fear not. I am not pregnant. Yet. 

Already I find it quite tiring to have to clean the house, cook dinner and find time to exercise. I am not complaining. Not in the least.

I get my freedom. I know this is life now. I really do enjoy cooking and trying out new dishes.

*****

Earlier tonight, we had soy sauce chicken, and scrambled eggs and tomatoes for dinner. 2 dishes. He also tapaued a batin soup (no idea how to translate this), which was his leftover from lunch.

After work, we reached home at about 5:45 to 6pm. Depending on traffic. If we are lucky, we can get home by 5:30pm. Latest 6pm

Reach home, put down bag, take off jacket and immediately defrost chicken, cook rice, soak vegetables etc.

Busy cooking till 6:40pm and we sit down for dinner, both of us starving by now.

But its okay because I have the best husband in the world. He doesn't know how to cook, but he hovers around the kitchen, washing up the dishes as I cook, and following my instructions, overall being my kitchen staff. :)

And after dinner, he insists on washing up, telling me to go sit down and rest. But I don't because we love each other. So I stand beside him and talk to him while he washes up, cleans the sink. 

***


Change of topic.
That photo above was from ages ago. Years really. On his birthday some 2 years ago?

I love you.

I fall in love with you again and again. I guess that's why we got married.

Don't think I have posted these photos before. With the sisters.


On the morning of my wedding. Nervous. People kept arriving, it was all I could do to keep smiling, not to feel self conscious by all the stares and the cameras. But oh so excited and happy at the same time! At the same time, I kept checking my phone to make sure I didn't miss Cs' call that he was coming.






A more recent photo of us. Somehow I don't remember when this photo was taken. I know the surroundings of course. VA. I have been to VA for 10 long years and I know that painting behind Cs. HAhaha..


This photo below was probably taken some 7 or 8 years ago when we were still friends. And unsurprisingly, I don't remember when or why it was taken. At my house I know. Probably after a night out drinking.


This photo below is from our recent trip to Hong Kong. At Lan Kwai Fong.


Us. ♥ Now.

No comments: