Saturday 18 December 2010

Muffins epic fail and brownies passed

I have just enough time for a quick post. I am making brownies! Gasp. No, seriously. Brownies. I am cooking. Well, sort of. The type you have to bake in the oven.

They are in the oven right now as I am writing here. No idea how will they turn out as I have never made them before. Got the recipe off Karen Cheng who got it off Jamie Oliver. How bad could it be right?



Last week I made muffins! I am in a baking mood recently. I don't know what brought this on.



I should be on a diet. Bah. Last week's muffins tasted erm off. Ok to be quite frank, it was tasteless and dry. I went around telling my family members that it is tasteless so that when they eat it, they are prepared. Or I am prepared for harsh comments. Hah.


Muffins in the oven. I didn't bother taking a photo of the end product cos it did not taste good. Shame.

Anyway. This time I have a good feeling. It smells good. For now. Ahhh...change of topic.

Edit: brownies tastes good!! Delicious. Definitely pass this time! Yay!



Kevin was here earlier pestering me to cut up the brownies so he could try them. Watching me, all he said was why does it smells chau da (burnt)? It does actually.

But after his first bite, he kept quiet. He waited for me to fill up a plate and announced that he is bringing this back to his place to enjoy slowly. Hah.

This, from my brother, the fucked up motor mouth who cannot stop criticizing people. This meant high praise indeed. :)


Yay passed!

***

I have finally started watching Sex and the City. Thanks Nancy. I did not fall in love with the shoes yet - still at Season 1. But I am finding Samantha hilarious. Sex all the way. About anal sex, quote Samantha: A hole is a hole. Haha..

Ya I know I am so SPK. Only started Sex n the City now. I don't know why I didn't start watching it earlier. Probably cos I don't really like Sarah Jessica Parker. Is she hot seriously? She looks quite old. Not old. But you know, not that attractive. Ahh.

Anyway. The series kinds portray them as sluts. Kind of. Sleeping around etc. But still..I am only on Season 1. And I still like it. Still funny.

I should reserve judgement after watching the entire Season 1 - 5 and both movies.

****

I keep reading and re-reading Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffengger. One of my favorite books by far.

A brief synopsis from the back of the book:

This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was 6 and Henry was 36, and were married when Clare was 22 and Henry 30. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

I love the book. If you love books, please try this out. Good stuff.

No comments: