Sunday 12 December 2010

December babies

Its the end of the year. Almost anyway. Everywhere I go, its Christmas Carols all the way. Inside Tun Jugah, inside McD, the Hills, Boulevard, and One Jaya.

Except Kenyalang. That place is so Chinese dominated! There are Christmas decorations and Christmas trees but Chinese New Year songs. Haha.

Anyway. For some reason, I am not feeling the Christmas spirit or whatever yet. Maybe cos I have nothing planned. No trips. No holidays. No parties. Not exactly true too lar. We have an Xmas Eve party planned. But "party" is used very loosely here. There are no plans yet for after dinner hmm..



I am planning to go to Damai again. Just because. Its the end of the year and I want a holiday too. Boo.

After those two, I should be feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Christmas spirit and all..

Decembers always bring along alot of birthdays for our group of friends. Not to mention a whole lot of weddings (this year).

In 2008.

The combined birthdays of Nana, Veronica, Frankie and ah boon. At Terminal One. We used to go there soo often almost every weekend. If not, it was some other place/pub around Kuching.



2009

Veronica moved to KL. So it was down to the three of them. This was at erm..Mandarin Oriental restaurant? I forgot the name of the restaurant and simply made one up btw. Feel free to correct me hehe.



2010

Frankie is busy with work, mostly overseas nowadays. So it is down to two:



Its funny how our lives have evolved all these years. Just the relationships part alone would fill many books. heh. But everyone have their own privacy. So I can only talk about cs here.

In 2008, we were just starting to get together. He brings me out to dinner and then clubbing with all of them. Introduced me as his "friend". I am the friend that he brings out all the time, and it was obvious to everyone (including my family) that cs treats me like no normal friend.

My family knows him well and mum has seen him almost passed out drunk on our living room floor at about 2am. She laughed about it and asked how is he going to get home?

We got together officially in 2009. Everyone around us thought: finally.

Cheh. No surprise one. Why is nobody surprised?! Haha.

Oh sorry jump back to topic. We have one more December baby in our group. Alvin and Wee lee's daughter!


Angie or Jia Jia.

Sorry digress a bit again. I feel like listening to that song from Anastasia - Once Upon a December. Am a sucker for Disney cartoons =.=

Dancing bears
Painted wings
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
once upon a december

Someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully,
across my memory,

(singing aaaaa with the melody)

Someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully,
across my memory,

Far away, long ago
things I yern to remember
and a song someone sings
Once upon a December

And a song someone sings
Once upon a December


*Whoops. Did a Wiki check and realized Anastasia is not a Disney production. It was released by 20th Century Fox. Says Wikipedia.

When I like the song, I must know the lyrics. I want to know what they are singing. I want to know the meaning. And sometimes, the song is good, but the lyrics is shit. Sometimes it spoils the song for me, and sometimes I really don't care.



As a student, I used to write out the song lyrics myself. English. Mandarin. And I actually progressed to Japanese songs. Yea man lihai right. Or crazy. Whatever.

Watching me listen again and again to First Love by Utada Hikaru, Shirley was convinced I was crazy as I attempted to write out the lyrics. Haha. Oh well.

*****

Damai photos to tempt myself and cs:



I want to gooo..



Oh mannn. Yep its working all right. When to go..hmmm. Sometime this month definitely.

Actually just looking at these photos make me feel better already. No bonus? Never mind! Well not exactly never mind $%^&* Everyone had all sorts of plans already. But oh well. Better late than never eh?!



Damai, here I come...

No comments: