Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas is here, bring me the cheer!

It is Christmas Eve tomorrow! Amazing how time flies!! In an effort to make myself more in the mood for Christmas, I have been listening to xmas songs for a few hours straight while I work.

And now, all I can think of are snippets of various xmas songs.

Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle bell rock.

Hark the herald angels sing. Glory to the new born king.

Let it snow! Let it snow!

Feliz navidad. Feliz navidad. I wanna wish u a merry christmas. I wanna wish u a merry christmas from the bottom of my hearrrtt..

And on and on and on. I feel dumb but definitely more in the mood for xmas now! Christmas is here. Bring me the cheer!

What are your favorite Christmas carols?

My staple favorite used to be Last Christmas - Wham. And also Carol of the bells. Slighly eerie but you can't help loving it.

There used to be a time in my life where I would hear Last Christmas and smile secretly to myself. Because this song had some very special meaning to me.

But the other day, as I was singing Last Christmas to myself in the shower, I find myself smiling for very different reasons. I am a lucky girl.

Some songs can be so fond to the heart and mind.

Hark how the bells, sweet silver bells, all seem to say, throw cares away! Christmas is here, bring me the cheer! - Carol of the bells. How come her voice so nice one?

The other day at Spring, a few carolers came up to sing and ask for donation. Oh God! Their voices. So sweet and pure like angels. I am sooo envious. They sound like girls. I sound like half man and half what I don't know, with a permanent sore throat gah.

Its a half working day tomorrow! Yay! Yay for Xmas eve! Yay for December! Yay for year end! Yay for New Year's Eve!

Nay for New Year's Eve theme. For the ball this year, the theme is: Garden of Eden! Sigh. I mean no disrespect ok. But seriously! Have the organisers seriously tried to imagine what we would wear?

I went to google Garden of Eden. No surprise what images came out:


Are we supposed to go in the nude?



Or wrap my bikini in two pieces of leaves? Not possible. Its a black tie affair, which means most people will be all dressed up. Argh.



I hope the dress I have in mind is ok. More on this after the event itself.

******

I suppose its time for some New Year Resolutions. But its so pointless. I write down the resolutions and forget about them till the end of the year, when I read back. =.= Fail.

So how about what I want for Christmas?

1) Money
2) Money
3) Money
4) Money
5) Money

Yes thank you Santa! Money would solve all my problems. Who ever said money cannot buy you happiness has never been poor.

Haha no lar. Just kidding. Kidding. Spare me the lecture.

Err yea back to seriousness.

******

Last Saturday night, a bunch of us went swimming and to test out a new toy. Everyone meet Dolphin. I am uncreative when it comes to naming things. Unlike Winnie who named her car Bubbles.

Or Kate Hudson in How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days who named the guy's member as Princess Sophia! Haha! Just watched it again not long ago and laughed out loud at that part! Heh.
Anyway. Back to topic.

This was after many, many failed attempts. Dolphin's body is too round. It would be easier to ride if it was not so inflated. After the air is let out a bit.





I have a lot more photos but none in this computer so I upload them next time. The pool was empty except for us. It was a warm night and we brought plenty of liqour, beer and snacks. Add in the company of good friends and the night was perfect. Bliss.

Till next time. Bye~

No comments: