Saturday 19 June 2010

My Water Moments

I like writing and blogging, even though I am not very good at expressing myself with words. I always cheat by posting photos! You know the phrase: A photo is worth a thousand words! Haha.

Unfortunately for me, my photos always turn out horrible. Too blur. Not enough light. I get it so often from friends who read my blog: You need a new camera Amy! I know, I know.

So, of course I had to give this a try when I saw this in the Nuffnang home page. Sony TX5 - 10.2 Mega Pixel T Series 4x Optical Zoom Cyber-shot.

Its the WORLD'S SLIMMEST WATERPROOF CAMERA! Says Sony anyway. Just 17.7 mm thick.

Nuffnang is giving out three of this. One each to whoever write the best 3 blog entries about your water moments. So generous!



*Sigh.* Isn't it gorgeous? This little baby packs in 10.2 megapixels, and is *shock* WATER, shock, dust, and TEMPERATURE proof! Awesome! *double shocker* It retails at approximately RM 1,499 only! Not that I can afford it anyway. More on this later.

I take photos with my own phone: Sony Ericsson T707. It comes with no flash. Which means, in the day time or at places with enough light, my photos come out fine like this:



But at night, in the club, by the pool, or beach, I get photos like these:



*Oh hai. Can you see me?*


Tell me I don't need a new camera! -_-

With photos like these, that is why I have to resort to err..stealing off other people's (friends) photos off Facebook! Or wait for others pen drive to transfer photos to my own phone, or desperately ask people to please turn on their Bluetooth. Cos I need the photos nao! Now. I realize I am err quite annoying to the people around me. Ahem.

I normally blog with photos taken off cs' 5 mega pixel phone. Lifesaver. Thank you very much btw. :DD

This photo below was taken at cs' and my future home.. At the clubhouse. I frequent the swimming pool quite often. Its a 2 minute walk from his place. Its heaven to go swimming at night.

But.

The dark, no lights, plus a camera phone = lousy photos. Bad idea.



I wish I could have taken better photos. The one above is one of my best efforts already. Notice the white spot on my dress though. Some smudge/dirt on the camera lens! Why? At least this won't be a problem with the TX-5. Cos among other features, it is DUST PROOF! No smudges/dirty lens!

Back to Sony TX 5. The water-, dust-, shock-, and temperature-proof camera. Hello?! Are you kidding me? With these features, I can literally bring this little baby anywhere.

Water-proof
Dive in with the water-proof Cyber-shot TX5. Capture beautiful underwater shots up to 3m deep for up to 60 minutes.



This was the best I could do with a 5MP non-water proof camera. Above water. Blah. Everyone has photos like these. Nothing special at all. Boo..Just find a nice spot/view and ask someone to snap some nice photos. But they are all above water! Pfft. Boring!



I tried to half submerge myself in water. My closest attempt at an underwater shot ok. Fail. Sorry man but this was the closest to the water I could get with a camera phone. Sad. T_T



It would be pretty freaking cool to take underwater shots such as these taken with the Cyber Shot TX5. How nice!

Three feet under wtf. Not related? Three meters under does not have such a nice catch to it what.



Now this is awesome. Not something everybody has, right?! I want! Much better option than to have to buy a waterproof camera case. The case itself is quite pricey, right? Not worth it. Better to get this camera.

I'm going to Kota Kinabalu in July with a bunch of friends. I am so going to need this camera. Parasailing. Snorkeling. Swimming. Diving.

However, water sports + camwhoring = not a good idea.

To the kind people at the Nuffnang office: please help. Haha.

Temperature-proof
Keep on shooting even below freezing point up to –10ÂșC with this tough camera in harsh weather conditions.

Oh yes, tell me about it. In my first year in London, naive little me brought my little camera there. It served me quite well through summer and autumn. Come winter, and I wonder why am I getting shots like this?!!!



Nooo..London eye is not supposed to look like this. The camera itself was not spoilt. But most of my photos come out blur like this. Temperature was averaging 0 to minus 4 at most. The Cybershot TX 5 enables you to shoot up to minus 10.



Beautiful scenery but blur photos spoilt most of my photos. Imagine being overseas and not being able to take awesome photos to show-off capture memories?

Argh! With the TX-5, at least I can be assured of clear and sharp images all through winter. No need to worry about a spoilt camera and lousy shots.

Dust-proof
With the superb dust-resistance of the Cyber-shot TX5, you can be assured to always get spotless images whatever the environment is!

Cool. No dusty lens. Perfect for me. Since I don't remember the last time I cleaned anything err..the lens on my old camera. Heh heh.



Imagine taking photos in the desert. Or at the beach where the sand could get into your lens. Even if you keep your camera in a case, over time the lens will get dusty, no? One year, two years, three years. Voila. Dusty lens. I imagine most people have this problem.

I do. Just did not bother to do anything about it. But with this Cyber-shot TX5, no worries! No dusty lens no matter what the environment or how dirty your room is or wherever you keep your camera.

Shock-proof
The shock-proof design of the Cyber-shot TX5 allows drops of up to a height of 1.5m, the usual height we hold the camera for photo-taking.

Great. Seriously? Cos this means that now I can afford to be myself a.k.a careless. I am the most clumsy, careless and absent minded person in my family. I dropped this phone (SE T707) so many times. Its predecessor was err ran over by a car. I was too careless. Left it on top of the car and forgot about it. T_T

I was soo tempted to buy myself a touch screen phone but alas. I don't dare. Not unless it allows me to drop it to a height of 1.5m too, like this TX5. Haha.

That's not all.

For low-light environments, the back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor delivers stunning performance and increases sensitivity by 2x to reduce noise.

Which would mean that I can make this photo below look better. By the seaside at night. In a bikini no less. But no decent camera. Tragedy! I need the low light feature....to make me look good. Oh God, why am I so shameless!





Capture perfect twilight shots
With Handheld Twilight mode, your images boast 50% less noise because the high sensitivity “Exmor R” CMOS sensor coupled with BIONZ imaging processor allows the camera to superimpose six visual frames to create a single optimised image.



Even when taking a picture at a high ISO setting or without using a tripod, you still enjoy cleaner, sharper images with Handheld Twilight.

Effortless panoramic photos

Enjoy beautiful panoramic shots by sweeping your camera horizontally to create stunning landscape shots, or vertically to capture tall objects.

Intelligent Sweep Panorama also recognises faces or subject movement automatically and cleverly stitches the photos together to create a natural-looking panoramic shot.



It simply means that you no longer have to use the stitch feature on most cameras. Not sure what is that? Neither do I. Haha. I have never actually successfully stitched a photo together.

Oh well. With this TX5, this means I won't have to learn how to do it eh. Saves time learning heh heh.

Among other cool features are:

Clear and sharp images in low-light environment



Anti-motion Blur mode uses six superimposed frames to create one single optimised image with 50% less noise. This means you are able to shoot with high ISO settings in low-light environments, reducing noise and subject blur, giving you clear and sharp images.

Takes 10 photos in 1 second

Capture capture fast actions or a moving subject in a sequence of 10 continuous frames per second. This sequence of continuous shots are also grouped to simplify playback as the camera analyses each group in order to locate and display the best shot automatically.



Before I go, here are some close up photos of the camera.

The front of the camera in green.

Comes with a 10.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, 4x optical zoom plus optical image stabilization. It also features a 25mm wide angle mode and 720p HD movie capabilities. And its pretty. So sleek and stylish.



Wide 3-inch LCD touch screen at the back that allows you to dip it underwater down to three meters, and allows you to drop it at a height of 5 foot. Ehh it sounds almost too good to be true.



This photo is soo tempting. The camera is all wet. Such a rare sight. A wet camera.

I would be the envy of everyone.

I would be in heaven,
I would have an orgasm.

Hey that rhymes Haha Super WTF. Kidding kidding. Chill people.

Err back to topic.

Please give me one of this camera.. Pretty please. With icing and cherry on top.

2 comments:

John Harding said...

Gosh....i surrender...hahaha

good luck Amy!

Amy said...

Good luck to us both! We will win lol. Hahaha..