Thursday 15 April 2010

Bookworm

Books I recently finished:

1) Jeffrey Archer - The Fourth Estate



Brilliant! Just brilliant. I've read quite a few of his books but this is one of the best so far. Just read it. There is nothing much I can write that will justify how good this book is. Just. Go read it.

To each his own; you may not like it. I dunno.

2) Lauren Weisberger - The Devil Wears Prada



I liked the movie, but I avoided reading the book cos I was afraid it would be disappointing or I would end up hating the movie.

I don't like reading books and watching the movie after cos you would almost always be disappointed! Examples: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the Half Blood Prince. Blah. Disappointing. The fight scene looked like a joke! New Moon. Didn't bother watching the movie a second time. It just looked so boring.

Anyway. I bought the Devil Wears Prada. Cos it was cheap (during the Popular book fair). Surprisingly it was quite funny and yea, I still like the movie.



In case you didn't know, the movie starred Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep.

3) Sidney Sheldon - Mistress of the Game.



I have read all of Sidney Sheldon's books. So I knew that this is new. When I saw the words "Sidney Sheldon. Mistress of the Game" I grabbed it without further ado and marched to the cashier! Look at the book! Those words written in bold and huge font act as an advertising ploy to fool Sidney Sheldon fans like me!

Sidney Sheldon had another book: Master of the Game, which I absolutely loved. That's why I acted so rashly.

Only at home, did I realize fuck! Sidney Sheldon already passed away!? How could he have written this? This book was written by Tilly Bagshaw as a sequel to Sidney Sheldon's previous bestseller. The Master of the Game. See-crew. I didn't see Tilly Bagshaw at the bottom of the page!! Sigh.

Never mind. Read it anyway. Grudgingly admitted that it could have been written by Sidney Sheldon himself. It was (almost) just as good!

No comments: