1) I think I need a break. Or a long weekend. My body is telling me to slow down..
Take me away..
2) I am so looking forward to this weekend: no-working Saturday, and public holiday Monday. Yes! I badly need it. I took a half day off from work today cos my body refuses to listen to me when I tell it not to be sick.
One holiday a year is waay too little...blame it on my low pay and cs' working hours. Which reminds me, I need a new job. I don't know what I want. I just know I need something new..preferably something less boring/mundane/dead.
3) Random photo of two miniature Eiffel Towers. Why do so many people want to go to Paris? When I went there, I thought of Paris only as a French-speaking version of London. Everything else is almost the same. To me lahh..
4) The accident that changed everything. I've probably never told the story of how this accident brought cs and I so much closer together. Might as well share now since I'm free and bored. On the morning of the day of the accident, I was on the way back from an interview at Merdeka Palace. I knew it didn't go well, and I was very unhappy and upset, so I stopped by MJC to look for cs for a chat. I was happy to spot his car in the parking lot. Parked my car beside his, and decided to surprise him at his office. Walked into his shop without looking at anyone, i.e. his family cos they all don't know me yet.
To my disappointment, he went OUT!! Noo..and no one knows when he'll be back. I called him again and again, but he didn't pick up the phone. Noo..after around 30 minutes walking around aimlessly waiting for him to pick up the phone, I decided to leave.
Before leaving, I circled the area in my car very err carelessly I must admit. My eyes weren't really on the road. Of course, before I knew it, BANG! I rammed into another car. Obviously I thought I was wrong cos even I knew how recklessly I was driving. To my surprise, the other guy got out and said its not my fault. He took an illegal turn. Passers by told me its not my fault too. Hmm..seems like I could get off easy with this one.
However, to make matters worse. I had an expired driving license that day. I forgot to renew it since I got back from London. I had to call my dad. He wasn't angry until he heard I had an expired license! Screw. How to make a police report with an expired license? Bro arrived and honestly he wasn't much help. He didn't know much about negotiating about the car prices etc, who is right or wrong etc. Neither did I.
Finally! Cs called me back. I told him I got into a car accident in front of his shop. He said Oh. Is it serious? I said no, its ok. We hung up. 2 seconds later he called back to say he's coming to see me. He was actually at lunch with 2 other friends at Sekama. According to his friends, he was dazed after hearing I was in an accident and practically forced them to fly through every red lights and cut through every other car to reach MJC asap.
Lucky that as soon as he arrived, he started screwing the other driver for making an illegal turn, that its his fault, no question etc etc. Then while bro and the other guys went to the police station to make a police report, cs rushed me to the post office to renew my driving license then drove me back to the police station.
What I meant to say was, the both of us were just friends before. But somehow something changed that day. Why did I have to talk to him after I was upset over the interview? Why was he so worried about me throughout the accident? Why was I so upset when I couldn't find him? Why did we both react so naturally towards each other? Have we always been hiding our feelings to each other? We've talked about this many times, and both of us agreed that (choi) its a good thing I got into an accident that day..
What I know is, from that incident onwards, we were more open about our feelings. Like we could embrace a relationship with each other..A step further from just best friends..
5) Random cute dirty photo of ah boi
6) Mum's birthday a year ago at VA. It shocked me to realize that its her birthday next Friday! Gasp! Where has the time gone?!
My mom is cooler than your mum. She dances and sings better than me. During high school, my friends who saw that my mum was smoking told me: Wow! Amy ur mum is so cool. This was from the guys of course. They said: I wish my mum smokes too, then she won't stop me from smoking wtf! Now that my mum stopped smoking, the girls tell me: Wow Amy your mum is so cool! She can quit smoking after 20+ years? Amazing! Screw.
7) Mooncake festival. Dad has started buying mooncakes at home already. Dad is so predictable and kiasu. Before any festival/occasion, he would be one of the first to buy the food. Such as chinese new year cookies, pineapple tarts, crates of oranges and bak poh for chinese new year. And all types of mooncakes (lotus, pandan, durian, red bean etc) for mooncake festival.
I wonder what the group is planning this year.. Last year they made this. Or rather, several of these:
And lit them at Friendship Park, at Damai, and at Kota Samarahan (one of their houses)
It was quite a success.
8) I miss Burger King fries. McD and KFC fries cannot compare. Come to think of it, I don't recall the last time I had KFC fries in Kuching. They just don't offer them with the value meals. The meals come mostly with wedges/cheesy wedges. Hate cheesy wedges btw. They cheese and mayo cover the aroma and slight crispiness of the wedges by itself.
McD fries are waayy too salty. Crazy people put one full shot of salt on a basket of fries. I used to get reprimanded by my manager for not putting one full shot. Cos it is the protocol. Always put one shot of salt on the fries. Me, I do it when the manager is watching. But I get crap from customers when I do. They always try to stop me when I shake too much salt on the fries...