Thursday 21 July 2011

No title for this post

Despite the lack of updates here every now and then, not to mention the lazy half arsed updates that includes my very own vain photos (very cringe worthy even for me), I have been very busy the whole time. I know that I’m a lucky bitch who has her day packed with activities (trust me I am so not gloating), but I’m so so tired all of the time.

I just want to sleep. I want to rest. I want a day to myself, doing nothing. I want to go to the gym, work out myself. I want to watch mindless SATC again. I don’t want to go on and on and end up falling sick again. Fuck why is my body so weak?!!

I don’t like that my weekends are packed full of activities. I was on sick leave yesterday. Blasted body. Couldn’t sleep in the middle of the tossing and turning, freezing (always a bad sign), woke up got dressed to go work as usual.

But as soon as I climed in the car, and cs looked at me, and asked are you ok baby?? I burst into tears and told him to bring me to the doctor. So shameful don’t know why I’m broadcasting it here.

It’s the damn weather. The haze that is making everyone sick. I listen to most of colleagues coughing, sneezing or else clearing their throats around me. It’s a bad sign.

Anyway. Time for a change of topic. Reading this is enough to make anyone sick. Heh.

*****

On a happier note, I have finally watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part2. It was…(I’m trying not to be biased, and trying to think along the lines of the books) ….okay lah. Not that nice. Allow me to explain.

I went to watch it on a Thursday night together with mum, Winnie and Kevin. Mum, Winnie and I are all JK Rowling fans, and have memorized Harry Potter books 1-7. Hehe..So we know exactly what is going on throughout the movie, which part is added on that is not in the book, and exactly what the fuck is going on when they skip scenes.

Kevin is the only blur one. Before the movie started, Kevin was looking at the poster outside, and asked: so whose wand is Harry using now? There was a silence.

How to answer his question without giving away huge plots of the movie leh?! This is exactly what the movie is supposed to tell you, but is not fully explained properly.

Harry is now using Draco’s wand. In book 6, he was the one who disarmed Dumbledore, on top of the tower. Dumbledore was the one who last possessed the Elder Wand. In the end of Deathly Hallows part 1 (the movie), Voldemort broke into Dumbledore’s coffin/grave to take his wand, because he believed it to be the elder wand. He was mistaken.

He thought that Snape killed Voldemort, therefore the elder wand’s power should be with Snape. It was not. The wand chooses the wizard. Dumbledore’s death was planned between him and Snape. So Snape never defeated Dumbledore. Instead, Malfoy did (by surprise).

That’s it. One long answer to Kevin’s supposedly innocent question about whose wand is Harry using then?

That is kind of like how the movie is. Watch it but don’t expect to understand everything. I say this because I'm judging by Kevin who bombarded us with questions after the movie (maybe Kevin is just dumb) hahahhaha kidding.

It was ok. Still full of thrill and action. The beginning was kinda cool. On the dragon, breaking into Gringotts. Fun. 2 hours and 10 mins flew by really. I’m still going to buy the DVD when it comes out. :) Hardcore fan!

******

Another change of topic.

I finished reading a few new books recently. I have a new strategy. I walk into Popular and check out their best sellers. Flip open a few pages and if its nice, I close it, and go back to google the free online version! Genius!!! Hahaha don’t care if you don’t think so. I saved my money and its good enough.

So, I’ve recently read:

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Its seriously chick lit but its funny and a page turner definitely. This has to be one of her best books. I read her shopaholic series, and even though I finished them, I was quite disgusted with her. What kind of idiot racks up credit card bills like that? Siao one. Anyway, this is funny. And because I’m in a generous mood (sharing is caring), read the free online version here: http://www.epubbud.com/read.php?g=46KVQLLB&p=5

Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult. This book is intriguing. Its about a woman who wakes up with amnesia, no knowledge of who she is. Turns out, she is the wife of the most famous movie star in the world. When her husband claims her, she is thrown into a world of luxuries, dreams. What the world doesn’t knows is that her husband (the movie star) abuses his wife. Read their story. Its very nice. The free online version here: http://www.epubbud.com/read.php?g=FQV6FBCV&p=1

You can only read in browser. No need to sign in username and what not. I never tried downloading them, I just read when I’m free.

The girl with the dragon tattoo – I’m halfway reading this. Just started actually.

I saw that John Grisham has a new book - the confession. I read a few pages while in Popular a few days ago. Just reading the few pages in the beginning, I know I have to get it!! I tried, but it’s a new book. I’m gonna have to wait for this!! :) I loved his other books: the client (but God I wanna strangle the kid sometimes), the testament and I don’t remember now.

Its easier to find older books online, but the newer ones not so much.

**

What else? The countdown widget on my sidebar is scaring the hell out of me! Why is it suddenly 45 days to go? Where has the time gone?!

Tonight I'm going for the food tasting with both our families. Bad timing since I'm taking mediciation and can taste nothing. Maybe I'll take the opportunity to say shit such as: ehh why this soup no taste? Eh why the duck too salty? No lah.. best to keep quiet and eat. It'll be up to our parents doing the criticizing tonight. I just have to show up and smile. :) <--retard.

OK bye

No comments: