Tuesday 20 July 2010

KK Trip Day One

This song comes to mind:

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
Put my glasses on, Im out the door - I’m gonna hit this city (Lets go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
Cause when I leave for the night, I ain’t coming back

Don’t stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, Imma fight
Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock, on the clock
But the party don’t stop
Woah-oh oh oh


(Kesha - tick tock)

Haha! I don't know why but that song popped into my mind as I wrote down the title: KK Trip Day One. The song just about sums up our KK trip. Fun, fun, fun trip.

Not everything was perfect though. Our first apartment sucked. Our second apartment was so much better. Only after changing to the second apartment did we realize what we were missing out. The water shower was terrible in the first apartment. Occasionally normal (but still small), and occasionally like a little boy's pee (tiny), when other people were using the water in the kitchen or other toilet.

But what I wanted to say was when I think back on this KK trip, all I remember are the good times. It was full of laughter, relaxing, laid back, and stress free. All the ingredients for a perfect holiday.

So, lets's start at the beginning.

14 July 2010: Wednesday

Winnie sent cs and I to the airport, where the three of us had McD for breakfast!

They are McD breakfast noobs. Haha I would be a McD breakfast noob too if I had never worked there before.

My bf and sister shared an ala carte pancake (one slice each), plus we each had a Sausage and egg McMuffin meal with coke. Stuffed full for breakfast!



I have a fat face.

With a full stomach, its time to board the plane. Flight was delayed about 10 mins, I think. Cs and I did not make a seat reservation in advance. So, to our surprise, we got the hot seats. "Hot seats" on Air Asia just means you have to pay for these seats (RM 10 or 20?) I suppose nobody wanted to pay, plus everyone else booked their seats online (for no charge).

So lazy/lucky people like us get to sit in priority seats..



Alvin and Wee lee are also lazy/lucky people who get the hot seats. Heh heh. The other guys were sitting at the back. :D



Arrived at Kota Kinabalu airport! Spotted lots of boats (I assume). What else could it be? Litter?



This is where we stayed: Marina Court Apartments. We stayed for five nights. Three nights in block C. Two nights in block A. Show you block A next time.



We walked into our apartment and saw this:


Our new (or old) living room. The furniture and design of the apartment, in general, was quite old, but clean.

This is the view from our living room:



No complains. At least its facing the sea.



This was our (Cs & I) room for the first three nights. They provide two towels and two bars of soap per room.



Alvin, Wee lee, and Wee lee's brother stayed in this room.



Four single men stayed in this room (Ryu Chong, Nicholas, Frankie, and Francis). This was the master bedroom, which had a connecting toilet.


Dining table. Oh look at the time in the photo. We arrived at the apartment at 3pm. Marina Court was fairly close to the airport. About 10 mins drive?

The apartment was quite spacious, enough for all 9 of us to live in, and not be too cramped. Of course, I am speaking for myself. Cs and I were lucky enough to share a room together. Can't say the same for the guys though.

But I meant that the place was airy, with a wide-enough hallway for all 9 of us.


Kitchen. Too dark, sorry. There is a side door that leads to the balcony, where there is a washing machine. So, we get to wash our dirty laundry too. Cool.

Kitchen was equipped with cutlery, glasses, microwave, gas stove and wok to cook etc. This we did too. The guys lihai lar. We girls were put to shame. The chefs of the house were Alvin, Frankie, and Francis. Not simple dishes like fried rice, and egg ok.

Alvin cooked this pot of prawns with some wine (don't even know where he got the wine), which tasted soo awesome. Full of taste and so sweet. Can compete with restaurants outside. No joke!

Err paiseh I want to rave about what the others cooked too but I forgot what they made (prawn, fish and vege I think) cos I was busy eating Alvin's prawn. haha. Shameless. No photos though.

Moving on from Alvin's prawns.

We went to eat this noodles called "Sen Rou Mien" in mandarin.



Pork meat, intestines, and meat balls. You can opt for just pork meat, which is what I had. That was cs' bowl. It comes with these dark noodles.

I loved the soup. I know it looks very unappetizing and gilik but its so full of taste. Definitely must-try when you go to KK. Actually, this was the only food I thought was worthy of a must-try, throughout the whole 6 days I was there.



Went to supermarket to shop for supplies. I thought these little trolleys were cute. Kuching, please introduce this too!!



At night, we went to have expensive seafood! Photos for illustration purposes. Hehe. We didn't order any of this. Too pricey.







We ordered lots of crab (cos they are huge), and comes with a hefty price tag.



Not much photos of the food cos busy eating. Dirty fingers from the crab and prawns.



This restaurant we went to was called Old Village Seafood. I suppose it resembles Kuching's TOp Spot. Where all the seafood restaurants are (and a tourist trap).



Everyone busy eating; no one is looking at the camera!





After dinner, some of us went to BED. I think it stands for Best Entertainment Destination. As I walked through the doors, they (the band - I can't believe I didn't get their name) were playing Hotel California - Eagles! It was so awesome!! I fell in love with BED then and there. Nuff said.



It was one of the nicest version of Hotel California that I have ever heard (in pubs/clubs). It was quite a big group. There were 3 women vocals, and one guy, two guitarists, one keyboard, and one guy on drums - total 8.

I liked that they really know how to hype up the crowd. They were entertainers, not just singers. You know, some bands, they just look/act so awkward on stage. I don't know if their alcohol and/or drugs have not kicked in yet or they are just..not right. I don't know.

I am referring to one of the band at Razz Mata (duno how to spell) at KK. One of the clubs we went to. God it sucked! It was an Indonesian band (duno the name and won't put it here even if I knew anyway).



This was the first night at BED. Vodka + Orange and Vodka + Red Bull shots. It was a Wednesday night but the place was half full. I should have known. When we came in on Saturday night at 1030 pm, the place was packed full and we were seated close to the front door!



Alcohol was damn expensive. Worse than Kuching. In Kuching, we can expect to pay approximately RM 240- 260 per bottle of Chivas/Black Label.

In KK, we paid RM 360-380 per bottle of Chivas/Black Label. Its night time robbery. But we are stupid enough to pay up. T____T Sheet freaking expensive for shit alcohol.

So, we ordered a beer tower, it costs RM 140 (I think). Don't remember.

I have a feeling that some people are going to tell me that we got conned into going to tourist spots and thus paid for expensive seafood and expensive alcohol. If that is the case, don't tell me ok. Or tell me. Or not. I dunno..

We left around midnight on the first night, cos we were going to Pulau Sapi on Thurday!

I was soo looking forward to this..

Updates next time~

No comments: