Monday 12 August 2013

Sea of Monsters


Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters


Cs and I went to watch Sea of Monsters. The second installment of the Percy Jackson series. I wrote about it here. Go read if you need a mini introduction to Percy Jackson.

Anyway. Back track a bit. During the evening, we both already had a few beers to drink with dinner, then we decided to go watch the 12am show. In 3D btw. Big mistake.

I was struggling to stay awake.

The movie was quite a disappointment. It was so different from the book. Guess I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. Oh well. If I don't compare it to the book, then the movie is ermm..well still ok. Wouldn't want to watch it a second time though.

I forgot when was the last time I went to watch a movie at 12 am. Long time already. Nowadays we aim for early evening shows. (So this is what aging feels like). Some more we had beer beforehand. Dumb and dumber really.

The other day I asked Winnie, which series do you like more? Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?

She thought for a while and said Percy Jackson. I agreed.

Cs, who was sitting nearby, was so shocked. He went HUH?! Cos he knows us two and our love for Harry Potter. In our minds, no other author beats JK Rowling, and there are no other books we have read more than HP.

But yeah. I guess its because there are more action in Percy Jackson? Or have I (finally) become sick of HP? No. Unlikely. JK Rowling is still a genius, but I didn't read the casual vacancy. I tried but couldn't finish it.

Do you guys know she has a new book? The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (who is in fact JK Rowling). I'm waiting for the paperback to come out so I can buy it. The hard cover costs RM 90 plus. So expensive. Did they (publishers) print hardcovers on purpose to get more revenue? Pfft. Imma wait for the RM 30 plus version.

Btw, when the HP books came out, they were all about RM 90 plus. I paid up willingly for that though. And yes, I would do it again.

Ok that was an update.

Was talking to Shirley just now and I said I'm getting lazier to update my blog. She said: ya, I can tell. Pfft. So this is because of you woman! :) Miss you.

Bye.

No comments: