Wednesday 14 August 2013

I can never think of creative titles for posts like these

Went out for lunch with colleagues today at Colugos. Ground floor of our office building only. Very convenient.

I expect a lot of office workers nearby are happy with the opening of another restaurant in the area. We need more food there please. Food such as Burger King (I don't know why that popped into my mind. Must be Cs and Kev's influence); Delifrance (whaiii whaiii whaiiiii did it close?); Pretzels (I need this!); Pret A Manger (so I can buy freshly made sandwiches that are different from boring old Backerei and prepackaged salads!!); and bagel shops (because Kuching have no bagels!!!) Nada. Feel sorry for us.

No. Not really. We have laksa. We have kolo mee. (Sorry Shirley). We also have kam pua, kong pia, and nasi lemak.

Salads. Prepackaged affordable healthier meals. That's what we need. Not more chicken rice, oily fatty pork, kueh chap, innards or what not. Maybe its just me.

I have seriously and not so seriously thought so many times that I should be in the food business. Open a little cafe with Win. When I think of 5 years from now, where will I be?

I went through a phase. I went to read those business books by Richard Branson etc, Googled on how to start my own business, search for recipes and business ideas, franchises, inspirations, and so on and so forth.

I don't know what did I accomplish besides making myself super restless.

This is a sensitive topic. You know those cliche quotes you hear/read from soo many people posting on FB?

I already have those seeds planted in me, but those quotes are doing nothing to stop me from thinking/dreaming.

Sensitive topic again. Btw, why Kuching no bagels? I went to Google them, just for the heck of it. As a possibility again. I have so many ideas in my head. Its the putting them into action part that complicates. Isn't this yet another boring cliche?

Anyway. It's late. I should stop dreaming.

But dreams are what keeps us going aren't they? :) One day. I'll make them a reality.


These are the people I see everyday.

I look like sheet on my "birthday lunch". Haha serves me right. I dressed up on Monday and Tuesday, and on Wed, my eyes were begging for relief, so I wore specs. Wish I have perfect eyesight. And straight teeth. And an ideal weight. Haha women.

Occupational hazard of staring at the computer screen for 8 hours straight. In my job, if you're not staring at the computer screen, you're slacking. End of story. There's nothing else you could possibly do that's counted as work that is not on the computer. Unless you're in a meeting.

This is why we always look so happy when Sesco fucks up. Well, me anyway. :)


Why do specs make such a big difference? Oh and a little eyeliner and mascara.

***

Mum and Win are in Germany today. They should be flying back tomorrow, and arriving on Friday. I miss them. I can't wait to listen to their stories and adventures. OK not so much adventures, more like complaints. Heheh. 


Another pic of me because..well, why not? Hehe. Better to post on my blog than on FB.

Good night. xx

No comments: