Wednesday 21 May 2014

For Cs

Helloo. So it's my Cs' birthday eve today. Original plan was to go to Damai Central straight after work but it looks like it's going to rain. Poor fella cannot eat his or chien anymore. Heheh see first. Poor guy also had to go pick up his own birthday cake cos I'm at work plus no car. 

He chose vanilla and mint ice cream cake. I'm kinda looking forward to it. Wonder how the combination would taste like. Ice cream and cake = always a good thing! 

How many people do you know who share the exact same birth date as you? Maybe not same year but same date la. For him, 22 May. He has so far met two other people with the same birthdate. Different years though. One younger, and one older. 

Me, I had a classmate with the exact same birthday. Same year too. Such a coincidence. She sat in front of me in F3 too. She's now a mom with two kids..we didn't keep in touch. Just got each other's Facebook.

I wanted to do something special for his 30th but in the end, all we have planned so far is: a dinner tonight. Tomorrow its going to be his badminton night plus celebration with those buddies, one of whom has the same birthday as him. We were supposed to celebrate last weekend, but Saturday was a regular date night. I guess this is celebration enough in Kuching. 

Since we are not drinking, there are a lot of places we can't/don't go to now. No smoking places, loud noises etc. 

If I wan't prego, I would surprise him with a trip somewhere though. Le sigh. But I am prego, so oh well. No more travelling allowed. Baby girl's gonna be our gift this year. I'm wondering if she'll pop out on my birthday haha. 

Just the other day, I was asking him, if I'm not pregnant, where would we go this year? Next trip on our list? Europe! Save money the whole year and go on holiday! But then if we didn't have baby girl, we would be wayy more excited planning for our new house. Notice how I don't talk about it much. Priorities have changed.

Just so happens that baby girl's priorities far outstrips any other for now. We have been busy surveying stuff to buy, saving money, doing research etc. I hope this means we'll be good parents.

I think I'm a typical Type A personality. I read, research, control, and plan everything. Impulsive, impatient and stubborn. Forget being relaxed ok. Slow people annoy me. Hahah sorry. Just being honest.

Anyway. Back to topic. 

I got him a watch for his birthday. He has wanted one for years. For the past few months, we have been walking into almost every watch shop we see to try watches on. Woe is me. Finally finally we found one that suits him!

I'm feeling a little guilty of not pampering or spoiling him rotten for his birthday seeing as he's catering to most of my needs these days. Guilty max. He's been massaging my neck/shoulder/back almost every night cos I'm aching all the time. Woke up in the middle of the night cos my back hurts. Couldn't find a comfortable spot but managed to fall asleep in the end before I got too irritated with myself. =.=

Got myself a Dream Genii pregnancy pillow that looks like this.


In reality, I don't know if it helped much. I like the bump support cos it helps when I lie on my side and my bump sort of pulls/hangs over the side, which makes me uncomfortable. But my back still hurts. 

I think its cos I can't lie on my left side for too long cos my arm will start to hurt. So I lie on my back and right side still. For me, I think the lying on my back part hurts my back. Baby girl's growing big and she's getting heavy - pressed onto my back. I'm only 6 months pregnant. Can't imagine the sleepless nights at 9 months. Scared. =.= 


Nahh..a good comparison photo. Was my stomach ever that flat? I find it hard to believe now. I feel larger than I look. Hahah. If you notice, its the same denim shorts but it used to be loose. I can't button it up now. In fact, I often walk around with my skirt or shorts unbuttoned even in the office. Just that my large baggy top/sweater hides it well. :) 


We took this photo at a diner inside Universal Studios Japan. I still remember what we ate (burger and beer), the atmosphere inside there (Marilyn Monroe was walking around), and most of all, how happy we were that day. Happy times. 

I miss being on holiday. Going to new places. Experiencing new things. But at least I have him by my side everyday now. Sappy. Its the hormones talking, not me.

I guess what I'm trying to do/say now is: I want to love him as much as he loves me. Or show him that I love him too. Just that I don't know how to do it. I seem to have forgotten. 

I feel so bad sometimes when he's being all nice to me (which is always), and I'm either irritated (not all the time ahh), impatient, or umm not as loving. /guilty.

But I love you baby and I appreciate every little thing you do.

 Happy 30th. :)

No comments: