Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Road Not Taken

Found this in my Drafts as well.

*****

This morning, I went downstairs to the deli to buy myself a bottle of chocolate milk for breakfast. As I step out of the elevator, I felt like I am in a different place. Chinese New Year Songs blaring, people walking about, workers chit chatting so at ease. I even felt like I was in a different continent, almost different world. This is because I am wearing my jacket, and turtleneck. Others probably think in this weather: siao one. But in truth. It was such a difference. I feel trapped. Well not really. I chose this path myself. But this cold, freezing library that I am in feels so so different from the real world. I have spent 2 years in this library and I still cannot stop myself from feeling this way. I think it is time for a change. And soon I hope. I write this here to serve as a reminder for myself. Not as a complaint. Still, to post or not.

****

No comments: