Friday 7 October 2011

Two songs



Actually my preference in songs vary largely and are very much influenced by the people around me.

If you flip through my iPod, you would be surprised. I have old chinese songs such as Faye Wong and Jacky Cheung, and even Aaron Kwok, and I have old English songs such as Bee Gees, Eagles, and Lionel Ritchie, and I also have newer music like Britney, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, LMFAO, Rihanna and so on and so forth.

Oh yea, I also have a few French Songs given to me by a friend, and a few Japanese songs also given by another friend, and some Spanish songs given by another friend.

That is basically how I accumulate music. Either some friends or Winnie gave them to me. :)

I can't be bothered to download or buy music myself. If no one gives me anything, I copy them from the computer network at work from the shared folder.

So yea.

I think songs can evoke really strong memories. Some songs will always remind me of some things.

For instance, earlier at work today, Fergie's song Glamorous came on. This song will always remind me of London Bridge. Why? During that walk/bus/tube from home to school, I always have to pass by London Bridge. That short walk from uni to the tube station, or uni to the bus stop, or uni to some kebab shop.

And I always have my earphones on. Somehow that song is the one that I think of. That relates. I think its because then, Fergie's big ass poster was posted on the billboard at London Bridge! :D

But I digressed.

That is why it is so hard to pick two songs! Hmm..let's see. Right now, in this instant, as I am typing this, I am all dressed up waiting for cs to get dressed so we can go out..

In my head, right now is Rihanna's Who's that chick, because I danced to this song myself. Earlier on. Alone. At home. For exercise. Ha. You don't do that?



And for the sake of some romance..



George Michael's Careless Whisper.

This was the song I said (years ago), that I would dance to at my wedding. On my wedding night, the MC, William Tong dedicated this song to me..

But I was wayy too shy to get up to dance then..

I suppose, in a way, this will always be my song. It has no special memories. Its just me.

No comments: