Tuesday 14 February 2012

Journey down Loversville



So its Valentines Day again. Cs and I initially wanted to do some cliche thing tonight. Go to Damai Central and have a romantic candle light dinner, with I don't know..violins..live band? I saw the promo. It costs about RM 200 per couple.

But plan scrapped cos well, we just didn't bother to. Plus last Saturday night we kinda already celebrated. Kinda. We went to a Japanese buffet at Riverside Majestic. I said kinda cos we didn't have to pay for it. We used our free dinners courtesy of us having our wedding there (at Riverside) on 03 Sept 11. So yea.

And why yes, I did receive flowers from him. He came home from work last night with a single rose and a sheepish expression. Because I told him flowers were a waste of space. It is now sitting in my Mcd coke glass in our room.

Tonight, we will be having chicken soup and whatever I can whip up from whatever we have in the fridge. We have no plans past dinner so far. Unless you count Winnie coming over for a swim. Heh heh. Or a movie. So far, we have not hammered out the details..

In all honesty, I do want more. But at the same time, I ask myself: more what? Romance? Really? Is it really mandatory?



I know that it will be jam like hell in town tonight, and that food will be overpriced and service might not be good due to the crowds tonight. So, for that reason, no we are not going out tonight. I do not crave that.

I crave his company. But really, we are together 24 hours a day, minus the 9 hours I am at work, which is 15 hours. Minus the 7 hours of average sleep we get per night, which leaves me with 8 waking hours with him. That is enough. Everyday. Hahaha. Is it too much for me to ask for more?

In all seriousness, I do know that we are so fortunate, so lucky to be together like this. I have every reason to be happy and to be thankful with my life now.

I don't doubt his love for me. I don't suspect him of any wrong doing. If anything, he proves again and again that he loves me, with all his heart.

The other day, I watched as he finished eating, fished out a napkin and wiped his mouth. I watched his little movements that have become so familiar to me. His llittle quirks. I watch him as he sleeps. As his snores fill the room, and I can't sleep, I lay awake and watch him sleep.

And I think in that instant, I realize (with a start) that I am really honest to God in love with him.

Getting quite sappy I realize. Its ok. I have an excuse.. Its Valentines today.


***

And I would really like to post more updated photos but these are the only ones from this computer. So, I shall update more next time.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: