Thursday 18 October 2007

Pure genius

Having finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the 4th, 5th (i dont remember) times again, I am still awed by JK Rowling. I'm amazed by her. How can she come up with all these things from Book 1 - Book 7. It's fiction, and yet its pure genius. On the morning of delivery of the 7th book, i was waiting on the doorstep for the postman. I bought the 6th book after i finished work at night at a local bookstore. I got the 5th book within the hour it hit the bookshelves. I bought book 1 - 4 together and have been hooked since. I cant say the same for the movies though. The latest movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is so disappointing. The whole movie seems to be on fast forward, and the fight scene looks like a joke. Disappointing. I wish they make more effort to follow the book. I know most readers feel the same way. Never watch a movie after you've read the book. You'll almost always be disappointed.

No comments: