Tuesday 29 November 2011

Eggs IN toast

Like always, I suddenly thought of this and had to go Google the recipe and try to make it myself..

Eggs on toast only funkier. Heh. I've never had this before, btw. Its not something that is widely available in Kuching!

It took me all of 5 minutes to make this. And plenty of time to take photos and edit with my phone.

First, make a hole in the middle. I used the bottom of my glass to press a circle then cut it out with my scissors.

If you look closely you can see the shadow of my Rabbito's ears. Hahaha..

Next put a little oil or butter (if you prefer) in the pan. The videos say medium heat but I turned it on smallest heat so I don't end up burning my toast.
Put the toast in like so. Crack an egg into the center.



Add a little salt and pepper.

Now we wait patiently and take photos.

When you think its cooked enough, you can either turn it on the other side to cook the yolk throughly, or you can take it off the fire. Which is what I did.

I love love love half cooked egg yolk.

As an afterthought get a slice of cheese because PMS makes me think irrationally and against my better judgment, toast another slice of bread.


To cover on that slice of cheese. The hot toasted bread will cause the cheese to melt slightly.

End result: a very happy husband.

Last photo of that runny yolk. Mmmm..

That little circle of bread you cut out in the first photo will come in very handy in mopping up the yolk!!

I think I will make this again tonight for myself. :)

No comments: