Friday 28 March 2014

Obsession with L'occitane products

I feel like talking about my skin care products now. A bit bored. OK make that very bored now. Nothing to do and nobody to stalk on FB. 

I was reading through Jerrine Lay's blog about the Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum she loves. 

This one. Honestly I was very curious about this product. I couldn't decide for the longest time whether to get this or to get the L'occitane Immortelle brightening essence.


After reading lots of reviews online on both products, I decided to buy the L'occitane one first. I loved it. Just finished my first bottle btw.

Its cheaper to buy in airports (duh) duty free. At Spring, its just too pricey. So I always wait till I go overseas to stock up.

The other day, I decided to try Estee Lauder's advanced night repair- bought a small bottle to try. Cos I was curious but skeptical. Also cos I'm kinda in love with L'occitane so I didn't want to end up with two big bottles of serum. 

Result: I didn't like the smell of Estee Lauder's serum - too chemical-y for my liking. The moment I put it on, I made a face. Don't like it. Ehh this was pre-pregnancy ok. None of my pregnancy fussiness. Tried to use it faithfully for a week to see results. I felt nothing different.

Could be 1) I need to use it longer (but those reviews kept saying they felt a difference in 3 to 5 days blablabla) or 2) my skin is already awesome (bahahha). Kidding la please. I'm already heading towards the big 3-0 and I'm scared as fuck that I'll have wrinkles, saggy skin, spots and so on and so forth. 

I'm scared because although I practice good skin care routines and put on my mask quite often, and go for facials, I drink alcohol (my downfall). Quite a lot I think when comparing among my peers. I drink a lot of plain water every day and eat fruit and vegetables but the bad part of my diet was alcohol. Not anymore obviously. 4 months sober.

That's why I'm so hardworking putting on my toner (I'm using Hada Labo's Super Hyaluronic Acid), serum and moisturizer every day morning and night.

Another product I love is L'occitane's face scrub. Actually I have an unhealthy obsession with L'occitane products. I have used the face wash, scrub and mask. I love them all. I can feel the difference after using them. Unlike the over the counter products like Biore or L'oreal, I feel no difference even after using them for years.


This is the facial scrub I was talking about. This is from the website: This Brightening Instant Exfoliator exfoliates the skin, for an even-toned and luminous complexion

For me, I felt that my skin looked brighter, fairer and clearer. But then I feel that way when using the cleansing foam below too. Just that maybe with the exfoliator, it was more obvious?


The moisture mask I was talking about. Just apply onto clean face and no need to rinse off after use. Wipe off excess if necessary. I normally use it as a night mask after my shower. I use this about 2 to 3 times a week (if I'm hardworking).


The cleansing foam. Love this too. From the website: A gentle cleanser that transforms into a rich foam for clean, refreshed skin. 

Finished my first bottle and reluctant to buy a new one cos its so pricey. I kept the bottle in case Cs suddenly decides to buy me a replacement and can look at it for reference. Hahah. Shameless, yes I am.


OK took these two pictures today at the office. 

I started with the precious night cream first then slowly converted one by one. For now, I stopped using the precious night cream cos I think its too rich for my pregnant hormones. I still have the occasional outbreak of small pimples. But things seem better now that I'm in my second trimester (fingers crossed and touch wood please).

I'm actually quite afraid to set foot in any L'occitane stores now in case I get sucked into buying more products. This is bad. 



Friday lunches are cheat days - normally maggi mee in a cup or Mcd. I figured I'm less guilty if I have fillet-o-fish. Fish is semi healthy right? Even my co-workers are commenting on my maggi mee (again?!) haih and pointing out this could be the reason my hair is falling. Jeez. Men are direct! 

I'm dreading the day when they suddenly point out: eh you're gaining weight! This is why I keep feeling like I should announce my pregnancy on FB. But it feels kinda personal too and I'm afraid the day I do that, I'll definitely get all kinds of stares at my belly all the time.

OK continue next time. Bye.

Going to watch Captain America tonight. Hope its good!

No comments: